Sunday, January 03, 2010

Mumbai Day 1.






Landed in Mumbai safely without turbulence. Thankfully.
 
From here I can hear the honks of cars of this vibrant city.
 
Upon arrival, Amit arranged for his security manager to meet me at the aerobridge and walked me through immigration and customs which enabled me to 'cut' queue. Thank you very much to Amit for his help on this and the many others that he has lined up for me in the next few days including providing me a sim card and a vehicle. Appreciate his hospitality much.
 
It is a pity that both Amit and Ashok aren't here if not things would have been lots of fun but I am sure I'll be coming back here again in the near future as it has been five years since I stepped foot on Indian soil. I didn't get to see the place last night as I arrived at around 10pm but might do some sightseeing this afternoon as per Amit's long list of 'things to do'.
 
You must be wondering what I had for dinner last night. Well, I managed to grab Mutton Bryani in the room. Yummy. I wonder whereelse can I find nice exotic Indian food. I just love spices but I always end up perspiring when I take things spicy.
 
Later this afternoon / evening, I will be visiting the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower, the hotel that was hit by terrorists about a year ago. I miss the sze chuan restaurant which serves very nice strawberry dessert. I'll be meeting with another friend of mine there, Ratan Tata. The last time I met him was at the St Regis in Singapore about 3 months back where we spent a day out in the pool chatting and shopping at Ion. I guess he is now rather busy thus I appreciate him taking time off on a Sunday to meet up with me.
 
Off to breakfast now and let's see of they have the traditional Indian omelette.
 

No comments: