Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A song for Luca

Since I wrote a song for Sandy two years back, I guess it has to be the same for our precious gem, Luca.

Don't ask me how to sing it yet because it is still in the making. The melody is out but I have not yet done the recording.

The song is based on a lighter note and a little comical thus don't expect a lovey-dovey song but I know for sure I will write another song when I get that emotional rush when his tiny hands touch mine on the day he's born.

So a preview for your eyes only -

Luca

--------
We heard the news
You were coming

We embraced
As we knew for sure

That your eyes will look
Like ours

And that smile
Will melt all hearts

I couldn’t really believe it
That soon I will be a father

But the news kept me awake all night
Because I was all excited

I know that when you grow up
You will look like me

But it’ll be better to look like mummy
Because she’s all so pretty pretty …

We’ll travel the world
We’ll climb all mountains
We’ll sing this song
And let it live on
As we’ll grow in age together

We’ll teach our Luca to sing this song
We’ll want him to sing and write us another song
So our songs can be forever

Forever …

--------

No comments: