Thursday, February 25, 2010

Turning 13.

Oops. 31 I meant.

Last year at the same time I sat in the living room typing my birthday blog. This year I started typing while seated on my throne with no music in the background.

I guess it is a yearly affair where I input some of my thoughts about turning a year older and what it means to me to be 31.

Last year I mentioned something about my life being almost complete except for one - little Mark.

In May 2010, I will be complete with Luca, Sandy and our nest. What else can I wish for? Little Sandy? Maybe. But let's wait.

31 sounds odd isn't it? I just can't get used to it telling people ' Hey, I am 31!'. Isn't it weird having the additional '1'?

When asked about my age next time, I'll just say 'young 30s'. Sound cooler and surely younger isn't it?

Just two days back I was just talking to some friends about how young chaps aged 20 would start calling us 'uncle'.

At this age of being neither here nor there, how should I be addressed? Brother? Gor Gor? I have no idea. So next time when someone calls out 'ooi!', I had better turn around.

The days of massive celebrations are over. Just a meal here and there and a few SMSes completes the birthday wishes. Of course not forgetting the wall posts on Facebook.

So what's my birthday wish? Well, a happy family and loads of happy days and I will be very contented. Throw in a winning lottery ticket that earns me millions of dollars will send me cloud nine.

So let's make these wishes come true in whatever form it takes. ; )


.... hideKraM on the go ....

Location:Simei Rd,Tampines,Singapore

No comments: