Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Killer ...

Just two nights ago while using the bathroom at home, I noticed a black lizard on the corner of the ceiling. My. I have never seen such a tanned, big and fat lizard.
 
I quickly called out to Sandy for help in gathering the equipment required to rid off the friendly pest. Yes, I know lizards are supposedly to be friendly but not one that lingers around my en-suite. Too close to my bedroom thus no way!
 
It took me twenty minutes before I got rid of the lizard but during the process, it was a cat and mouse chase. The tail dropped off while in defence mode and the sight of the wriggling tail still haunts me even till now.
 
I guess I am feeling very guilty about having to vacuum the poor fella and taking its life. I had no choice because if Sandy were to be the one in the toilet and having a close encounter with the lizard, she'll scream and freak out. That won't be good for Luca. It'll scare him.
 
Being a father isn't easy. This is just the beginning. I have to protect my home and my loved ones. For the sake of them, some things need to be sacrificed.



No comments: