Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Luca's Engagement ...

Don't read it wrongly. It is not about Luca's marriage. We haven't found him a partner yet. : )
 
Luca's engagement refers to the stage whereby his head has descended into Sandy's pelvic cavity and in other words, we are closer to receiving Luca from his wet and dark little hideout and delivering him into this world where everything is beautiful, warm and full of light.
 
It can be anytime soon as he is ready to charge into our arms. Or rather, the doctor's. I can just imagine myself cry out with tears of joy as I wrap my hands around my little prince and giving him a peck on his forehead. It will be the moment of my life. A life changing experience.
 
I have on numerous occassions 'practiced' the route I would need to take from home to the hospital just in case Sandy's water bag burst while I am fast asleep but I have yet to practice the route from Sandy's office to Eastshore. I guess I'll be very cool when Sandy shows signs of labour.
 
We have prepared Luca's clothes for him to wear when he heads home after being discharged and guess what is the color? You guessed it right!! Red! My favourite color. : )
 
Lots of visuals enter my mind as I imagine Sandy being wheeled into the delivery theatre with lots of nurses around to cheer her on. Breathe in .. Breathe out ... Breathe in ... while my hands are being squeezed blue by Sandy while she screams out in pain. Yes, it can be a painful process. No kidding.
 
The only thing I can do is to be with her during that time and making my presence known that I am with her and Luca throughout the delivery.
 
Counting down .. to endless joy .. endless love .. endless fun .. and very much endless sleep too.
 

 

No comments: