Saturday, July 17, 2010

Floods in Singapore

I used to think Singapore is very much favoured by our Creator and therefore kept us away from natural calamity but it seems like we aren't His favourite anymore.

Flash floods have been occurring way too often and it leaves me thinking why is it happening more often now. Has the climate changed this drastically or have we really been played out by our own drainage system?

The Singapore I used to live in didn't seem this prone to floods. It is no joke to have vehicles semi submerged under water and our tourist belt filled with enough water to fit a boat's use.

These days I too get concerned when I park in the basement but it is inevitable because in my own home, that's where the car park is.

I know. Friends from abroad might think I am making a big fuss as it is common in their country but not for spoilt Singaporeans like me. We should have the best brains in government, the best infrastructure and supposedly the best drainage.

Was this what the government intended to do? Build an urban reservoir in the middle of town? I doubt it but let's see how things progress.

For sure I can tell you if you think the current government is doing lousy and don't know what's best for our nation, try opting for the opposition in the next election.

And I promise you can obtain cars cheaply because buying COEs for sampans will sure cost much more as that will only be the form of transport left for us in Singapore.

So don't risk it people. We know who the real brains are in Singapore and let's hope the floods can be prevented and improvements can be made to the drainage systems really soon.




.... hideKraM on the go ....

No comments: