Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Watching his first NDP

It's the nation's birthday as Singapore celebrates 46 years of independence but for Luca it's his first.

Catching the parade on television, Luca seems to be engrossed only with the marching contingents and not the fireworks.

Funnily, he clapped when the President arrived. Perhaps Luca is aware that this parade will be President Nathan's last before he steps down as Head of State.

This year's parade had quite an interesting storyline and I kind of enjoyed it. Maybe because it somewhat relates to me - a father teaching his son the Singapore spirit.

Come to think of it ... Do we Singaporeans have a spirit that's uniquely Singapore? What comes to mind is kiasuism. (not sure if I got the spelling right as there's no autocorrect for this word on my iPhone)

I guess kiasuism indeed helped our nation grow as Singapore progresses throughout the years. We just didn't want to be left out in any way thinkable. We sure don't want to lose out in anything good. See. That's kiasuism for you. (it seems this word is now logged in my iPhone as I need not spell the word out in full)

Anyway, I take this opportunity to wish all Singaporeans a happy national day.

We have to be thankful for the pioneers of this nation who have done everything they could to build Singapore into a strong economy as well as a safe and sound place for the people.

I'm sure this nation is thankful for LKY's contributions.

And I am very proud to be Singaporean.
























YouTube Video

.... hideKraM on the go ....

No comments: