Saturday, December 22, 2007

2007 ...

In a blink of an eye, New Year eve's preparation is on the way and this time we will be celebrating it at the Axis Bar at the Oriental Hotel.

I can still remember clearly celebrating the welcome of 2007 at the Sheraton Hotel with buddy Hanwen, Clara, Sandy and Beatrice. So why Sheraton? It was a last minute location as everywhere was packed with people thus not many choices were available.

This time its different. I made reservations at the Axis Bar in August this year. Yes, kiasu ( a Singlish term that when literally translated meant 'scared to lose') but what to do ? Singaporeans love to party and if I don't make an early booking, we'll end up like last year - lost and frustrated. Not a very good way to spend the last hour of the year right?

So how well did 2007 treat me? I should say very well as its the year where I decided to get mobile by getting a car, gotten a date and location for my wedding and made quite a number of nice friends as well as keeping those that are already dear to me. What more could I ask for in 2007 especially when its almost coming to the last week of it.

All these years and especially this year, I have been blessed to have the company of family. Family outings were more often after recovery of my paternal grandmother's health and am also really happy that my maternal grandmother is also quite healthy except for legs which are causing a little discomfort whenever she walks.I guess that's old age and it cannot be helped that the muscles and bones are rather fragile at this stage.

Not forgetting close friends around me like Hanwen, Lance, Clara and Monica whom I see very often except for the last few weeks due to their busy schedules managing their renovation of their homes. Many happy moments with them especially at Lance's wedding and Hanwen's photo shoot in HK.

I guess I can consider myself quite a lucky soul with more good things happening to me than bad thus I shall spare you from my rantings of unhappiness in 2007 and allow 2007 to slowly slip away from our hands and become part of our history and past. Let us take time to feel the happiness we enjoyed during 2007 and treasure each and every experience we encountered. 2007 wouldn't last very long more as come 31st December, we will bid farewell and welcome a brand new year ....

No comments: