Monday, December 17, 2007

Back to School ...

Its always true what mothers tell us, especially when we were still young in school.

" When you start working, you will know that school is still the best time of your life. "

I guess we often look back at those good old days of school, everything about school is fun all except homeworks and examinations. Right?

Just last friday, Maersk held a department dinner themed 'Back to School'. I thought I was going to be one of the few to actually search for something appropriate to wear but who knows, almost everyone turned up in school uniform of sorts. Be it their sister's, brother's or even if it meant buying it, my colleagues just went all out to blend with the theme.

A funfair kicked off the 4 hour party at M Hotel with various funny games like darts, a rat race etc. Seriously, I didn't see all the games because I was one of the chaps who had to take care of a stall. Not too sure why I was given the dangerous booth - Dart the card. My, the men were surely better at darts than the ladies. I almost shed some blood when darts didn't pierce through the board but bounced off the board instead. Thanks to my reflexes that I never got shot by straying darts.

Like all department dinners with themes, a best dress award would surely be given to the person who took time to dress him or herself up. Too bad, I didn't get anything at all because I was only wearing a t-shirt from a previous school. How boring can it get right?

Anyway, do check out my photo pages on Flickr to see more on how adults look like. You can find the link on the right of my blog. Enjoy....

No comments: