Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Maersk Farewell ...

Like Sarah Brightman's familiar tune of 'Time to say good-bye', today ended with my last day at work in Maersk. Am having mixed emotions about my departure and I know my mind cannot think straight. Perhaps its the letting go of the responsibility that makes me feel lighter and also the fact that I know I am going to miss a number of people at Maersk.

Its a rather tearful farewell for me because of the numerous friends I made during my work stint with the locals and expatriates alike. Everyone I met at Maersk has given me some sort of an opportunity to learn something new. It doesn't matter its a big or small lesson, what's important is that I learnt something.

I am not a person who likes parting ways because it somewhat pulls those emotional strings of mine that well up those eyes with tears. I guess that's me, the cry baby and I cannot believe my colleagues were snapping photos of those eyes as I gave my 'thank you' speech.

I guess what I'll miss most would be the people around me and not so much the work I am tasked to do. At work, however tough the challenges are, its always the people around my department that cheers me on and keep my spirit up. I am glad that all these while, I have been given lots of encouragement and words of support and of course, not forgetting compliments too.

To all of you at Maersk who have helped me during this journey, I thank you much. I believe even though we are no longer colleagues, we can still meet up for a drink or two. This way, it wouldn't be much of a farewell at all as I know I'll have a friend in you afterall.

1 comment:

Mitch said...

Ei cry baby... I'm glad to have crossed path with you... Mr. Performer :-).

All the best!