Thursday, December 20, 2007

Hair cut & dyed hair ...

My hair seems to grow rather quickly nowadays and its causing me a little bit of a worry as I need to get my hair trimmed every three weeks or so and worst of all many strands of greying hair can be easily spotted.

I am not too sure what causes greying hair but it sure can be irritating. I didn't really bother about it last time and remembered clearly telling someone that greying hair means maturity and wisdom. Maybe its true. Am very likely growing older in age and of course, beginning to be wiser too or at least I hope that's how it is going to be for me. ; )

So while seated waiting for the hair stylist to recommend me some colors for the hair, I pondered and visualized myself in the trendiest of colors and hair styles. I wanted ash grey so that it could blend in with the already greying hair of mine but Christopher, my hairstylist, said that won't look nice on me and moreover, am a working executive and cannot possibly have such a funky look thus the color isn't that exciting now.

Never mind the color, it'll fade anyway later and I'll have to get it dyed again at a later stage. This is exactly what I am worried about - repeated dye on the scalp can be harmful. How often would I have my hair colored? Every couple of month? I have no idea but to hide those greying hair, I might just do it three times a year but likely only during festive seasons.

I heard of a remedy for grey hair that the older generation believes a lot in. Sesame seed is said to be a good tool to fight of greying hair. Not sure if it works but I certainly will have my decent dose of sesame whenever I can grab hold of it. Its black sesame that I am taking about and not those found on the buns at MacDonalds which are white.

Am not sure how related the color of the sesame works for the head but I sure know if your hair stylist were to ever ask you if you prefered it hard or soft, you will get a little shocked at what he or she really meant. It took me awhile this morning when I was posed this question. My mind went a little blank before I could say softly to Chris that I would prefer it soft and thus Christopher decided to use wax on my hair instead of gel as the latter keeps the hair in good shape but leaves a hard and rigid effect. ; )

Again .. what were you thinking?!

No comments: