Monday, January 14, 2008

A Carrefour visit ...

Its rather unusual for me to visit Carrefour's grocery section because there is no reason for me to do so. I don't yet own a fridge thus stocking up isn't at all my responsibility.

The only reason why I decided to push a trolley through the crowded alleys of the hypermart is to keep Hanwen company and to help him prepare for his upcoming gathering at his place - the wedding morning. My, Sundays sure aren't a good time to shop for groceries.

I enjoyed myself despite the many Lunar New Year shoppers that were in my way, causing congestions especially when they suddenly decide to stop and grab some promotional items. But seriously, its a whole lot of fun people watching as well as cutting corners with a trolley load of beer -Tiger, Sapporo and Stout. If only trolley operators like me wear lighted indicators at the waist so whenever one stops, it flashes just like a car's hazard light.

Talking about trolleys, let's digress a little.Something sort of upset me and I believe you too would have felt the same if you encountered it.Have you ever come across garbage left in a trolley? Am sure you must have. It really echoes what Minister Mentor said about our ungracious society.I fully agree with him that its going to take some time for Singaporeans to understand and be a gracious society. What can we do but carry on educating in the correct form of Corrective Work Order -a penalty for litter bugs.

Anyway, all else went well but poor me, I was laughed at when I didn't know how to retrieve the dollar coin from the trolley. What to do? Like I said, I needn't do grocery.

2 comments:

Mitch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mitch said...

retrieving coin from the trolley... you're not alone, I don't know either... that's why I never use such trolley. haha.

www.mechelle.wordpress.com