Sunday, January 06, 2008

Interests ...

Its been 5 days of silence on my blog and perhaps some may think I am no longer interested to write about my daily thoughts and life. Don't be mistaken. Its perhaps due to a new found toy I purchased just recently. Shall tell you more in my next posting about this 'new toy'.

Just this afternoon, I visited Ang Mo Kio hub and had beef noodles for lunch. What can I say but delicious. Only setback of the food court at Ang Mo Kio hub is the heavy human traffic and its really tough finding seats. This post is not going to be about the process or happenings at the food court but something a little more about myself.

If you were to ask me about shopping malls and its retail shops ten years ago, I would have been able to tell you then as during those days, I was always looking out for new shops and fashion trends. Right, I know I aren't no fashion buff but at least I know my way around in the malls and what it sold.

These days if you walked up to me and asked me where you could find a GAP boutique in Vivocity, I don't think I'll be able to point out the correct direction. It saddens me to know that I am not consistently following up with the growth and happenings in the malls. Maybe its the age and the interests.

Do you ever find yourself facing the same scenario whereby you were pretty good at something many years back but today, you just can't get things right. Take music for instance, I have no idea what's playing on 98.7 FM nor am I even interested to know. Why? I don't know. Is it really the hectic lifestyle after work where you hardly have time to relax to even listen to the radio or have I totally switched off my ears from the music top charts? Or could it be the music doesn't suit my taste.

Some colleagues spoke about mid-life crisis and I certainly am sure this is not about mid-life crisis. Its what my colleagues called 'seeking life crisis'. I don't know if there is a medical term to it but its likely a journey where we discover ourselves further. We enhance upon our goals, seek greener pastures and try walking the journey.

Recently I just bought a USB midi cable ( sort of a new toy) to connect a piano keyboard Hanwen bought me four years ago. I bet you didn't know that I always wanted to record the music that I made so that I could have it shared with my close friends but while doing the recording, I found out that the sound produced wasn't satisfactory. Maybe its the sound card that wasn't suitable thus am exploring other options to resolve the issue or perhaps purchase a professional keyboard. ( sounds daunting isn't it? )

Anyway, I believe as a person grows older, interest change with character and personality. What you would have liked many years back might no longer suit your taste now. Maybe its growth in lifestyle, expectations etc. I don't know but all I know now is that I have already placed the deposit for both the wedding venue and wedding gown package. Fingers crossed that everything will go well for on our big day but like Murphy's Law, we also know what ever can go wrong, will go wrong but it doesn't matter, whatever it is, we will enjoy every minute of the planning along the way and of course, the company we'll have at the wedding day too.

1 comment:

Chindiana said...

But it's part of evolution innit? We can never stay the same although some of us refuse to throw out that Optimus Prime figure sitting on the mantle! We outgrow interests and sometime even people but i try to keep friendship sacred no matter how old or stale it may have become.

Hey, a Big Congratulations on your big day dude! All my best wishes to you both on your next big adventure!