Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A new toy ...

It has been a really long time since I bought something for myself and this time, it came with quite a big price tag.

I got myself a piano keyboard just recently and guess what? Its no ordinary keyboard found in the toys section of a departmental store nor is it even found in a music school. This set I bought is good stuff and its used mostly in recording studio.

People know I buy things on impulse but this time, it took me lots of research and shopping around before I decided that M-Audio is the brand I am after. Afterall, its been endorsed by big name musicians and best of all, I bought it from a musician who's been there, done that.

I was always fond of the piano and its weird how I fell in love with it but I sure remember how I was forced to learn the instrument that could never be carried around. Maybe forced is too negative a word. Maybe because I was still young then and never liked attending classes. What to do? My peers were enjoying their Saturdays while I had to go class. Not fair huh?

Seriously, when I look back now, I regretted stopping classical piano cause only in the later years did I find out that classical piano leads me to all other playing styles but never mind, I aren't looking back cause I have my new toy to play with now.

I always had a wish to own a home studio. A room dedicated to sound machines with the objective of entertainment for me and my family. I'll like to have that room insulated with sound proofing and what's best, I can make my own music there and then. That's the capability of M-Audio.

Anyway, I managed to burn my first music single on cd. Its not polished yet but at least the project I have been waiting for so many years has finally taken a small little step. I always wanted to do this since the age of 16 and I thought as I grew older, I'll just drift away. Well, I nearly did but thankfully I have lots of support from Sandy and some other close mates.Not forgetting Dick Lee too.

I don't know if someday I'll ever have the opportunity to see my works enjoyed by others but who cares, its more of a leisure thing for me now and let's see how long this toy can entertain me. : )

For now, I would like to present you the song but am not able to share it online here cause I haven't found any filehosting servers yet. If you do know of any reliable and private ones, please let me know and I can upload it for your comments. However, please note that I am no professional and that I am only a beginner in this thus there will be lots to learn along the way but your frank comments will be appreciated.

That's all for now as I turn off the lights to embark on a journey of sweet dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A piano is the best instrument to have, in my opinion. It really opens up your cultural and musical taste.

My dream is to own a Steinway and Sons Baby Grand, otherwise a Yamaha baby grand will do.

Check out my post on my dream house, where I state I like to convert a room into a music studio, consisting of a piano and electone and other instruments.

If you care to share, I'd be happy to comment on your piece of music. I had composed a ditty before which the NIE music professors used as a teaching piece, but since then, I never had the inspiration to compose another tune. I have been formulating some ideas for a musical though.

All the best! :-)