Thursday, August 28, 2008

An aggravated ankle ...

On Tuesday, I decided to go for a run at East Coast Park with my colleagues and those who know me well enough also know that I am not someone who goes for jogs.
 
So after 10 years, this is the first time I put on those jogging shoes and jogged. My, it was a little tough at first but after awhile, the momentum picked up and I could feel the healthy me only to realise minutes later that I was panting really hard and my breaths got heavier and heavier and what's worst was the pain in my left ankle.
 
I remembered I sustained an injury at the ankle during my NS days while representing my unit in a Sepak Takraw competition that caused me to rest at home for a week due to a bad sprain. I thought I recovered but apparently it didn't recover fully.
 
This pain comes on and off and stays a little longer whenever I take part in vigorous exercises like soccer, basketball, volleyball and roller blading so can you imagine the pain after my jog on Wednesday.
 
Not wanting to stay in pain, I decided to visit a Chinese physician and there I was, being massaged at the ankles and calves. So what did the Chinese sinseh tell me besides my aggravated injury?
 
1) I lacked exercise
2) I sleep in too cold a room 
3) I consume too much cold drinks
 
Bingo! He said it right. I did all of the above and it has become a bad habit and now, I am really trying to kick these bad habits thus at work I take only hot green tea, I sleep at 21 degrees celcius ( no more 17 degree celcius) and I will try to join my colleagues for jogs every week.
 
Don't believe me? We shall see.
 
Wishing me a speedy recovery.
 

No comments: