Thursday, December 31, 2009

The end of 2009 ...

The year went by very quickly. With ups and downs, tears and joy. Really.
 
2009 is quite a significant year for me as I finally managed to settle down in having my own love nest with Sandy. A great start for 2009. I also managed to catch my beloved X-Japan in concert in HK. Two big dreams came true then.
 
Just like any race, you don't take the lead all the time.
 
In the start of the second quarter, I decided to take the plunge and left GMAC which was a very bad choice I made. I lived to regret it even till now. Despite having a very much better salary package right now, I do miss the working environment in GMAC. I was stupid to leave but to feel better, we all work for the money isn't it? In mid-2009, I moved into advertising after leaving GMAC for a short period of time where I realised I couldn't make ends meet because it was tough industry but it's still a passion I still have but I won't be looking back anymore.
 
In late September, good news was bestowed upon me. We will be parents. : ) When the doctor told me Sandy's pregnant, my eyes welled up with tears and it all flowed when I called family to inform them. It were tears of joy. It was super!
 
During the same time, I was offered my current job and I felt really blessed to have all good things coming my way after suffering for a couple of months. Looking back, I guess I have to thank my lucky stars for helping me out on this one.
 
2009 passed by just like that, all in a wink.
 
I look forward to tonight's BBQ party with close friends and welcome 2010 with open arms as 2010 will again be another significant year for me as we will also welcome Baby Mark in the second quarter of the year. Things will change by then but I know it is going to be for the better.
 
Happy New Year everyone and may 2010 bring lots of happiness, laughter, joy, fun and great health for us all.
 
Cheers!
 

No comments: