Sunday, October 02, 2011

An intruder ...

I knew this would happen. I shouldn't have given in. But what to do? He just loves the purple creature.

Yes. Barney entered my life in a big way.

That darn thing sleeps on my bed!

Between Sandy and me lies Luca and his favourite soft toy.

I used to enjoy my bed so much. The pre-Luca days. Now its post-Barney days.

I remember those nights where he will wake up at 3am calling out Papa ... Now he calls out for Barney.

Ok. I lied. He calls Barney 'garden'. I have no idea why. Maybe a pet name for his favourite character but that's what he calls Barney.

So in my sleepy state at 3am, the little boy calls out for Garden and we will need to retrieve it from his crib.

And when Garden lies beside him, he sleeps almost immediately. But poor me, I often lie awake awaiting the moment he gets into deep sleep mode before kicking Garden out of my bed.

Maybe out the window.

Ok. As long as Luca smiles and remain the happy boy he is ... A few more Barneys entering my life shouldn't really bother me at least for now.

But if he insists to keep Barney after he turns 12, I shall rip the purple dinosaur into pieces.

That's a promise.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments: